|Born:||February 12, 1960|
Margaret Elizabeth Chan (born February 14, 1960), commonly known as Meg Tilly, is a Canadian-American actress, ex-Broadway stage dancer, Academy Award nominee, Golden Globe winner and published novelist. She currently portrays the character of Lorna Corbett on the Global Television series Bomb Girls.
to be added
Personal Life and TriviaEdit
- Has three siblings (Steve, Rebecca and Jennifer), and is the second-youngest of the four
- Her elder sister Jennifer is also an Academy-Award-nominated actress
- Suffered abuse as a child at the hands of her stepfather, which inspired her novels
- Was the first choice for the role of Constanze Mozart in Milos Forman's film Amadeus, having received glowing appraisals of her rehearsal work by both her would-be costar Tom Hulce and director Forman. However, she sustained a leg injury playing soccer and had to abandon the project. The role later went to Elizabeth Berridge.
- Gave up acting in 1994/5 to focus on raising her children and to comfront her own demons, but returned to the profession in 2010 with a small guest role as a mother in the Battlestar Galactica spin-off Caprica.
- Has been married three times; to film proudcer Tim Zinnemann (from 1983 - 1989), to John Calley (also a film producer; 1995 - 2002) and to author Don Calame (2002 - present)
- Has three children; Emily (born 1984) & David (born 1986) from her marriage to Zinnemann, and Will (born 1990) from her five-year relationship with British actor and one-time co-star Colin Firth. They are still on good terms as of 2012.
- Twitter: meggamonstah
- Her official website is www.officialmegtilly.com